Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for our Clients
What action is Medfit taking to keep clients and staff safe and well?
In line with HSE guidance, we have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in our facility, including:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation, especially high touch areas, gym machinery, door handles, lockers, equipment etc.
- Ensuring soap dispensers and hand sanitisers remain filled
- Providing additional cleaning stations and adding extra time to the Milon Circuit to allow clients to self-clean equipment before and after use
- Educating and reminding clients and colleagues of the importance of good hygiene
Within Medfit we have advised all colleagues on what to do when returning from foreign travel, in line with HSE recommendations.
If we are notified of any issue, or if another member contracts the virus, we will notify you immediately and undertake a full deep clean and follow the guidance.
What can clients do to help?
With the efforts of everyone in Medfit let’s work together to keep ourselves safe and healthy.
You are encouraged to help reduce the spread of the virus through good personal hygiene. This includes:
- Frequent hand washing (wash your hands for 20 seconds) and hand sanitising during your visits
- Making full use of the soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue in the bin after use
- Familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from HSE and do not visit the gym if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are advised to self-isolate
- Follow government guidance if you are a returning traveller
If you need personal health advice specifically in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19), you should call the HSE service or your GP. Please do not attend your GP or emergency department without phoning in advance.
Can I freeze my membership for free?
Yes, you can freeze your membership.
We understand that some clients are concerned about safety in the gym. Your health and safety is our number one priority and so we have waived the usual fee to freeze a membership for all current members during the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Medfit is committed to providing our clients with a safe and hygienic space to exercise in and we are taking the outbreak of Coronavirus extremely seriously. We understand that at this current time, some do not wish to use the gym and others may need to self-isolate to prevent the virus from spreading.
Currently, are there any confirmed cases with Medfit?
- There are no suspected cases with Medfit reported.
- Any updates will be provided here or we will contact you directly.
We understand that people are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are monitoring the situation closely and we will continue to provide as much advice, care and support as we can to our clients.
This is an evolving situation and we continue to monitor the situation closely and on a day-by-day basis as new information becomes available. We continue to follow the advice issued by the HSE, which is being monitored regularly. The advice given by the HSE is the key source of information for Government and most organisations in managing Covid-19, so should you wish to find out more about the advice given to date please follow this link here.